Sunday, July 10, 2016

2016 week 10!


New this week:

Cantaloupe- So happy for the arrival of cantaloupe! That first taste is the best.  My favorite fruit salad combination: cantaloupe and blueberry.

Green Bell Pepper- I think I see some stir fried peppers and onions in my future!

Red Onion - A nice mild onion perfect for salsas and salads.

Green Beans -  green beans, string beans, snap beans, which ever you prefer to call them they are so good fresh from the field.

Jalapaño - watch out for this spicy guy, but he will really kick your fresh salsa up a notch.

Beets - I love roasted beets on a salad with goat cheese.

How to Roast Beets
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Coat beets lightly with oil.
  3. Wrap beets in aluminum foil, place on a baking sheet, and roast in the oven until cooked through, approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
  4. Remove from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes, and then peel and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment