Sunday, May 22, 2016

2016 week 3 - Greens Machine


New and exciting this week: Lacinato Kale and Swiss Chard

Oh my goodness! I love this kale, add it to soup, smoothies, make lemon kale salad, kale chips . . . YUM!

The secret to Swiss chard is understanding that it is really two vegetables in one: the sturdy stems come in all kinds of colors and take a little time to cook, and the leaves which wilt very quickly.  

In my mind I equate Swiss chard very closely to spinach. You can exchange chard leaves in just about any recipe that calls for spinach. And it will turn out wonderfully.  I put Swiss chard in my Minestrone Soup. . . YUM-O! If you have a deep love (as I do) for all things creamy try a Creamed Swiss Chard like Martha Stewart's Recipe.  I cut this recipe in half because it makes too much.


In between the rain we did get some work done.  Enjoy the behind the scenes view of field work.



No comments:

Post a Comment