Tuesday, June 10, 2014

2014 week 4



Kohlrabi--  I know this is a weird one.  But trust me it is good and easy to use.
--Here is a link to make the famous Kohlrabi Ham Bake
--Here is a link to a post I wrote on Kohlrabi

Yellow Squash--
--Here is a link to my favorite Yellow Squash Casserole
--Yellow Squash is also delicious grilled.  Link to recipe.

Kirby pickles-- you can use these just like cucumbers, but they are especially great for pickling.
--here is a link to a great refrigerator pickle recipe

Swiss Chard--The secret to Swiss chard is understanding that it is really two vegetables in one.  The sturdy stems that come in all kinds of colors which take a little time to cook and soften, and the leaves which wilt very quickly.  In my mind I equate Swiss chard very closely to spinach. You can exchange chard leaves in just about any recipe that calls for spinach. And it will turn out wonderfully.  I put Swiss chard in my Minestrone Soup. . . YUM-O!

All of us here at Buzby Farm would like to thank all of you who attend the Spring Open House.  We had a great time getting to know you and showing you around the farm.

Farmer Andy and Eric are passionate about farming and love to share that with you during the tour.

We enjoyed perfect spring weather.  Thank you for allowing us to be your farmers!

No comments:

Post a Comment